Thursday, July 19, 2007

Heydaze: Potter Party!

I know I said in the previous post that there'd be a new Jennifer & Bueno comic up later this week...but I've postponed that comic in favor of this one I've just done. The other one I was referring to will come next week. (And Jenn & Bueno are in this current one too, so you still get to see them...because I know that's....so important to you or something...)

As anyone not living under a rock knows, the world has once again been swept by Harry Potter Mania as the seventh and final book is released this weekend. I decided it was only fair that the characters in my seldom-done comic, Heydaze, should experience the fun as well. This was sort of a last minute idea, so the art remains in original black-and-white pencil form so I could get it done while it was still relevant. Of course most of you seem to enjoy my pencils best anyway, so there you go. Enjoy!

--Andrew

6 comments:

Unknown said...

HA!! HA!! Brilliant!! I am a Potter fan, can totally relate to the excitment!!

aintshakespeare said...

Yay! Off with the heads of any spoilers!

Excellent comic. And I like your colors.

DICK! said...

Good. Have you finished it yet???? I have...

Anonymous said...

Jen-(not Jenn) bought the book
at 12:01- and read it non-stop

Your comics are so tight-
the drawing, expression and
pacing- are great

Friday Night
Portland,ME jumped on the mania
and converted all the local businesses into locations from the book- the local pub became the leaky cauldron, the mayor was renamed the minister of magic etc.

smart.

Andrew said...

Thanks to all for the comments!

Dick: Indeed I finished it. But you know that already now.

Brian: Glad you like the comic. I got my book at 12:01am (in costume, no less) and read (almost) non-stop as well. Soooo good.

That Portland, ME, idea sounds great!

g. said...

Nice work. I love it. Really funny!