This is an Original Character Meme, the original of which was found on deviantart. I had a ton of fun doing this, visiting and revisiting my characters, past and present. It makes me want to do comics again! (Which is something I really should get more serious about).
I followed the rules and picked out and numbered the characters before reading the questions...and I think the scenarios played nicely into the characters personalities in many cases. Enjoy!
Since I don't do comics very often, here is a little background info on each of the characters I selected, just in case anyone's curious:
1-3: Drew, Jennifer and Bueno: Anyone who's visited my gallery even a few times, should recognize these already. Jenn & Bueno are my current trademark characters who are the focus of most of the illustrations I do these days, and they, along with Drew often appear in the "Heydaze" short comics I do very, very sporadically.
4. Cheer, a.k.a, Shia LaPeoufytail: A somewhat sullen squirrel I used to occasionally doodle in high school, and in recent months he's very unexpectedly turned up in a few Jenn & Bueno illos (his first appearance being in a spoof as "Shia LaPeoufytail"). So I thought he deserved a spot of the list.
5. Fatback & Skinny McLean: I did regular comics with Fataback & Skinny for several years, beginning in high school. Quite simply put, they're just a violent pair of dimwitted stickmen. They've been on a bit of hiatus for the past couple of years, but they still have a special place in my heart and may well see the light of day again on a regular basis somewhere down the road.
6. The Cat: One of my main characters in my high school and early college days. A wacky, cheerful-yet-stupid cat.
7. Grandpa Cat: The cat's grandpa, whom he lives with.
8. Heidi: Heidi has had a few incarnations, beginning in the high school days. In her current incarnation, I see her as Drew's sister and Jennifer's roommate (with whom she often clashes). But since I don't do comics, you don't really get to see that...yet, anyway. Heidi's also in a band.
9. Professor Buck Buckum: He is actually a new character that has yet to be used in comics, but he's turned up in may of my doodling and brainstorm sessions. Simply put: an evil, but somewhat incompetent mad scientist...his goals lack any real vision, and are often just an elaborate attempt to create a shortcut to some temporary need or desire of his at the expense of anyone unlucky enough to be in the way.
10. Beef: Another of the old high school characters. A rare, often though mythical, creature known as a bear-monkey. Beef is about as cool and laid-back as they come. And fiercely loyal.