Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Georgia Aquarium 2

This weekend Katie and I went to the Georgia Aquarium. It was my second trip there (coincidentally almost exactly one year after the first). Last year I hijacked my blog with a few pictures upon my return. Once again, here is a sampling of a few of my favorite pictures from the most recent visit. Art-centric posts return soon! Enjoy...

--Andrew
The outside of the Aquarium and a Beluga Whale



Beluga whales again. The picture on the right was taken at feeding time, so that's why you they're heads are sticking up out of the water. They're getting stuffed with fish.



Japanese crabs on the left, and some starfish, etc. on the right.



"You otter be in pictures!"... This sea otter must be related to Linus Van Pelt, as it seemed to really enjoy sucking not only its thumb, but its whole fist!



Jellyfish!



Lots of fish on the left, and "garden eels" on the right. The latter were worm-like creatures that poked up out of the dirt. They reminded me of that little orange-striped wormpuppet that used to be on "Sesame Street".



Finally, a really crappy video clip I took with my digital camera of the garden eels. In case you didn't read the previous sentence, the video is really crappy.

3 comments:

DICK! said...

Awesome! I can't wait to go back there myself! Were the animals as rambunctious as last time? I'm glad you've discovered the newest internet perversion - otter fist suck.

Anonymous said...

very cool.
it was "Slimey" wasn't it?

Andrew said...

Dick: Yes, there was plenty of liveliness among the animals this time around. I might have enjoyed it even a little more than the first time.

And I didn't "discover" the newest internet perversion (otter fist suck)...I just now INVENTED it.

anonymous: Slimey! That sounds about right...I couldn't think of it to save my life.