Sunday, February 24, 2008

Jenn & Bueno: Buenos From Another Planet

Here we have Jennifer & Bueno meeting some new friends...on another planet?! Oh well, I suppose anything's possible. Obviously the title for this post (and to some extent the art itself) was inspired by the Calvin & Hobbes collection, Weirdos From Another Planet.

In addition to including the usual, original pencil sketch, I've also included several of the early preliminary doodles leading up to this one. Enjoy!

--Andrew
(Also, anyone interested in puppet-type stuff be sure to scroll down and see my other new post chronicling my recent visit to the Center for Puppetry Arts.)






Also, I recently had the surprise honor of seeing Jenn & Bueno interpreted by one of my fellow Drawing Board members, Neil Polenske. Here's his interpretation:


9 comments:

aintshakespeare said...

Very cool space scene. I love the alien Bueno.

DICK! said...

Great art as usual, Drew. And Neil did a great jorb as well.

Goobeetsablog said...

super!
love the pencil stuff.
nice final too!

Andrew said...

Thanks for the comments, guys! Appreciated as always.

Chris_Garrison said...

This is beautiful! I love the one eye sticking up on the left, and the idea of Bueno's alien doppelganger. And the way Bueno's bubble sticks out to accommodate his nose.

But hey - while I enjoy these pin-ups and greeting cards, I want more stories and dialogue! More situations. Please start work immediately on a series of seven graphic novels . . . or at least on a more regular strip or something.

Chris_Garrison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew said...

Thanks Chris, I'm glad you like J&B's space adventure.

Seven graphic novels?! That sounds a bit much...if you'd asked for SIX, maybe...
But seriously, it's true, I should do more sequentials than I do.

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!